From the Bishop
Some updates from the Bishop and Synod Office as we navigate the challenging days and weeks ahead. • In light of the declaration of a state of emergency in the province, effective March 19, and until further notice, Bishop David wishes to reiterate, in the strongest possible terms, that there be NO public worship services in, or outside, our church buildings or in homes, as per his directive from Monday. That means no gatherings of any sort, other than those being used for online worship, which should observe provincial government protocols.
• Sunday Morning Everyone is invited and encouraged to join Bishop David on Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m., virtually, for a diocesan act of worship. The link will be made available on Sunday on our website and diocesan Facebook. • Keeping Connected – Information during COVID-19 We have been assembling resources and trying to provide the opportunity for people to connect as much as possible. A special section has been created on the website, which is being regularly updated, with these resources. nb.anglican.ca/COVID-19
• Take a moment to check out these resources, including some vlogs from Bishop David and details on joining the diocesan Litany @ 6 (Monday through Saturday). Use the link above.
• Next week, the bishop intends to ‘meet’ with clergy through Zoom in archdeaconry huddles. It is vital at this time that we stay as connected as possible in a safe manner. Details and information will be coming from the Territorial Archdeacons.
• More details and resources will be available next week. Please keep watching our website and Facebook page for more information.
• Please note that the Synod Office building has been closed (effective March 16). Staff members are working from home and are committed to serving the people and parishes of the diocese. Please communicate via email if you need help or support nb.anglican.ca/staff