May 12 Old Burial Grounds Story
The Old Burial Grounds Story: May 12th, 2019
From 1783 to 1847 this 4 acre plot was the final resting place of 14,000 citizens of the new city of Saint John. Only about 200 stones remain to tell their story, but brief as the tales may be, they are vivid connections with those who founded and built the city. Through readings and rubbings, we will share the stories of a few of those whose stones remain legible and through research we will share some of the legends and folktales that circulate about this hallowed downtown location. Tour will leave 115 Charlotte st. at 2:00 pm and tour ends approximately 3:30 pm.
In support of the Trinity Church Steeple Restoration Fund, a free will offering will be collected at each walk. Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20.00 or more.